Monday, July 5, 2010

So Busy!

I'm sure everyone thinks I had the babies or something by now, since I haven't updated in so long! No babies yet - we're looking at about another month. Last weekend was my future step-daughter's 8th birthday, so the future in-laws were here. And there's been a lot of baby planning. We still have to put a shelf up, and get a door built. And get the floors cleaned. And we have a month pretty much. AHH! This weekend was obviously the 4th of July weekend, and my brother's birthday is today and he turns 25. And I've been taking it easy. I haven't sat at my sewing machine in a week and a half. WHOOPS! We'll just say I'm on a mini-vacation! Hopefully I'll get back to business soon!

In great news, I am reeeeally excited, because Ben and I just bought a 12' chest freezer yesterday. We've been stuck with the freezer space that comes with one of the vertical side-by-side fridge/freezer set-ups. It's really small in space, and we don't even have room to stock up on meats for dinner, really, let alone buy frozen pizzas for a pinch and things like that. So we finally made an investment that we've talked about for a long time and got the freezer! :)

I must be growing up - the most exciting news for me right now is babies coming soon and a new chest freezer.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's all big news, though! A tip for the chest freezer - keep a sharpie handy and date everything you put in it! That way you won't have to try to remember just how old that "whatever" is, and whether you should dispose of it or thaw it and see if it's edible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a huge freezer. I don't think we can even get them that big here in Ireland. I think mine is about 4' and I keep losing stuff in it. Great idea of Sarahs to date things. I also keep a list tucked away in the freezer of everything I put in and it saves a lot of looking.Good luck with baby.

    ReplyDelete