Friday, June 11, 2010

Sew & Tell #2!

So this is my second week participating in the Sew & Tell at Amylouwho's blog! I really wanted to finish something a little more climatic than this, but I'm in the MIDDLE of that project, so I'll have to post what I made yesterday for our kitchen! I've seen these on tons of different blogs and craft sites, and I finally decided to make one myself. It was a quick project to do while I was waiting on a load of laundry from the dryer, and it came in handy a couple hours later when I came back from the grocery store and emptied my bags. So here it is, my plastic bag dispenser!

I could not get the lighting right in there for the life of me, and our kitchen walls are a little more yellow than that (it's true, MORE yellow!) so I did my best to edit the photo for some clear visual, but it wasn't working out in my favor so much! The bottom fabric is starry.

I also made a lot of progress in that garage - but I'll wait until it's completely finished to share that! Happy sewing!!

14 comments:

  1. How cute! I really need to make one of these myself! And aren't Sew&Tell Fridays addictive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great...i love the colors you used and it is so useful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute and handy! Looks great with your kitchen too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make one of these forever! Yours is so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,this is my first week at show and tell. I love your stuff,its so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the colors! I should make one for myself instead of just shoving all my in the drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only practical, but pretty too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a handy thing to have and it matches everything around it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty and practical. I so need one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! I like the starry fabric.

    We used to have very yellow walls, too. Then my husband chose "yam", which is very orange. People either loved it or hated it. It was "warm" for a little while, then I started to wonder what he was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey - cute little bag thingy... i need one of these!♥

    ReplyDelete